Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piero Marini

Go down 
+8
texasrose
star-light
Boris
Dangermouse
Vanadija
ada
Benedetta
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Piero Marini - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Greetings to Rome Boris, enjoy your stay there and keep up the good work! Very Happy

Poland update:
-a short report with especially moving 6th paragraph and a small picture http://www.diecezja.tarnow.pl/index_01.php?dsi=137 ;
- a big part of radio interview, sadly with a Polish voiceover
http://www.rdn.pl/info_kzw/index.php?rdn=rdn_kzw200906919 ;
- and a photo gallery
http://www.rdn.pl/d_galeria/index.php?rdg=0032320096 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:06 pm

......And the OSKAR goes to.........

V A N A D I J A cheers Wink Very Happy

aplaus ... aplaus
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:24 pm

lol! TY, TY, TY! I hope you`re not expecting a speech now...... Wink
Back to top Go down
texasrose

texasrose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Go ahead, please! cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:12 pm

Indeed Vanadija we are expecting your speech !!
You really deserve an Oscar ! cheers

Thank you so very much for those wonderful links . Reading the paragraph 6 on the first one , I got emotional and got tears down my cheeks . What a beautiful , touchy and compelling speech. I truly also loved his talk on the radio. Well... the little bit I could hear . What he said about the family did get to me again. He has a way to touch your heart... doesn't he ?
The pictures are wonderful as always . I especially like the one of him reaching out to make a cross on the little girl fronthead. He loves doing that !! Very Happy

I had written a previous post talking about some books which Mons. Marini adviced me to purchase and I did, but somehow I lost it when I tried to preview it and now is too late to re-write everything again so I will try to do it tomorrow . It was a long paragraph. Sorry.

In three more days, on June 27th , our Piero will celebrate his 44th anniversary as a priest , WOW ! and on June 29Th , Saint Perter and Paul will celebrates his name's day.
I wish everyone will be here and we could all have a huge party for him !

Regards from Rome. flower
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Hello again ! Very Happy

As I was trying to tell everyone yesterday, on June 16 Mons.Marini was kind enough to allow me to visit him in his office located now at The Palazzo di San Calisto. A beautiful Palazzo and in my opinion a beautiful location in the heart of Trastevere.

I was bringing with me two books " Exsequiarum Romani Pontificis" and
" Ordo Rituum conclavis " from the Office of Liturgical Celebrations, and about the ceremonies when a Pope dies and a new one is elected . I wanted him to sign the books for me. He nicely told me that I needed to buy new books with the explanations about those ceremonies. He brought the books out for me to see them and even made photocopies of the first pages so I could easily find them.
Of course I've bought the 3 books and although they have be sent home for me because they were too much fo me to carry etc... I kept one of them and I am already reading it.
The books are:

1- Magnum Iubilaeum . Trinitati Canticum.
Peculiari Celebrazioni Presiedute da Giovanni Paolo II
Nell'Anno Santo 2000

2- Sede Apostolica Vacante. Eventi e Celebrazioni, Aprile 2005

3- Inizio del Ministero Petrino del Vescovo di Roma Benedetto XVI

This last one is the one I kept with me. I am fascisnated reading it, one can learn so much from it...it's very interesting and I am really enjoying the book. Beautiful pictures in it too.

They is an Introduction and a In Memoriam by Mons. Piero Marini and then different authors have written the different parts of the book, like Mons. Viviani, Father Jesus castellanos (+) and Luigi Accattoli etc..

I would highly recommend them to anyone who could be interested in the subjects. I'm very much interested so for me they are great.

I have a variety of pictures which I've taken of our Piero, the Palazzo di San Calisto, the court of the Palazzo , the entrance to Mons. Marini's office etc... but I have to wait to post them. I will, when I get home which will be real soon.

One more time " hat off" to Vanadija, she is very unique, is she not ? I cannot believe things she finds in the net. I try my best and get nowhere....
Thanks a million Vanadija !! Very Happy

Best regards from Rome flower
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Wow, how lucky you are to be able to actually go and visit Mons. Marini in his office and talk to him. And even get his advise on which books to buy. How incredibly nice! I`m sure they must be a very good reading and well worth having. The topic interests me as well and the names you mentioned are all familiar (if I remember correctly abp. Marini even held a funeral Mass for late padre Castellano Cervera). So I`ll definitely try to find out if they can be bought on the internet.

Enjoy your days in Rome and make the most of your time there. I`m looking forward to those photos of Palazzo and everything else……. Very Happy

Oh yeah, since you already praise me so much Wink , here is an interesting video I stumbled upon earlier today. It was made by French TV for their evening news back in 2001 and it`s about Vatican preparations for the Midnight mass. Go to the 3rd video on the page; the part I`m talking about starts at approximately 17th minute: http://www.ina-festivaldecannes.com/notice/voirTouteVideoSimilaire/idNotice/I05251872
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Boris Very Happy Very Happy I'm soooooo very happy for you!!! Honest!!!!!!
I can see you going trough Rome with a big smile on you face!!!!!! Very Happy Wink
Do you really think you need a plan for going home??? Wink Laughing sunny

I myself have a smile on my face by reading your report!
Looking very much forward to the pics and anything else
you will "offer" us!

Vanadija... what will we do without you?!!!
Lost in the internet!!!!!!!!! Wink
Thank you!!!! I was so surprised, that he speaks french so good like his
mother tongue! I wish I could have that talent in italian.

It's now nearly 1 day to go to his 4 times 11 anniversary! Cool
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Thank you Little Flower and Vanadija for you good wishes . Very Happy
Yeah... I am most of the time smiling running around Rome like a chicken although sometimes I must have a extrange look in my face from all this rushing... Unfortunatelly my time in Rome is coming to an end really fast .

A plan for going home ? Don't want to think about that now....
For sure I will work hard to have all those pics ready to be posted etc... and I hope everyone will enjoy them, although my skills as a photographer are not great.
I agree 100% , what would we do without Vandija ..... you dear have a great talent for the internet ! we are very, very lucky having you, who on top of all are so generous and share everything.

Thank you so much for those links again. I was also very impressed with our Piero 's French , it's beautiful.... I wish I would speak like him ... even after so many years in Canada my French is not even close to his French.

And tomorrow our Piero will celebrate his 44th anniversary as a priest !! sunny
Congratulations and God blessing always . On the 29 he will celebrate his name's day too... so dearest Archbishop have a very Happy name' Day !! cheers
We will be thinking and praying for you . Fervidi Auguri caro arvescovo !!
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:08 am

First of all, congratulations for your 44th anniversary dear mons. Marini! May God bless you and your good work Exclamation

Secondly, Boris, I can imagine how hard it must be for you to say goodbye to Rome; you have my sympathy. Leaving eternal city is probably never easy and even more so if you have spent so many wonderful moments there as you did. But on the other hand I can hardly wait for those photos of yours and I`m sure I will like them no matter of their quality. Very Happy

Thirdly, everybody please stop saying all those nice things about me, I really feel embarrassed. Embarassed Since you are such a grateful public, here is another candy for you – just scroll down to see the pics: http://www.diecezja.sosnowiec.pl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2932&Itemid=62
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:06 am

Good Morning everybody and...

a special Good Morning Dear Eccellenza
congratulations for your anniversary.
Wishing you a wonderful and pleasant day
Thank GOD for having you in HIS service and therefore also for us!!

The good LORD bless and keep you...
Psalm 134, 119 , 146 & 150

flower
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Hello girls,

And... I cannot read those Psalms until I get home ...

Thank you Vanadija for your new link, wonderful pics indeed ! I cannot read Polish but when I get home I will use Google, it comes handy for this .

You will have my photos as soon as I get home . I can understand your curiosity.

Tomorrow and on Monday will be big days here. I hope I'll have some news. flower
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:30 pm

Vespers today (I wish I could do better but the camera only showed him briefly and from afar):

Piero Marini - Page 19 Rsz_pd10

Piero Marini - Page 19 Rsz_pd11
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:42 pm

And today`s Mass:

Piero Marini - Page 19 Rsz_110

Piero Marini - Page 19 Rsz_210

Piero Marini - Page 19 Rsz_310
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Wonderful pics Vanadija !! You did better from home than me being here.
Thank you so very much ! flower
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:01 pm

TTTHHHHHAAAAANNNNNNKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOUUUUUUUUU Vanadija!!!!!!!!!!
I love that cross!!!!!!! It`s sooo beautiful!!! I have a simular one but much much smaller Wink

It's a shame... I can't get CTV. But maybe better for me, too much TV isn't good
for the eyes!!!! Wink Laughing BUT he is....!!! lol!

Boris don't worry your pics will be unique!!
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:16 pm

You`re right Little Flower, his cross is very beautiful, I like it a lot too. You are also right about CTV, it is a health risk Wink , but well worth it, so if you have a chance, I do recomend you to get it.

Safe journey home Boris, I hope we will see your pictures soon.

In the mean time I came across a few nice and interesting pictures at the end of this page http://www.filettino.org/?q=node/366 that I think you will like as well.
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Little Flower what I meant was that Vanadija got beautiful pics from the TV but me, being present in those two ceremonies got nothing. I just could not see our Archbishop at all those two days. Sad

Indeed his pectoral cross was gorgeous ! and I didn't get a chance to see it.

Thank you Vanadija for you good wishes on my journey back. I will be leaving Sunday . I'll try to have my pics ready as soon as possible.
Thank you as well for the pics from Filettino, I like them a lot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:55 am

I know Boris Wink BUT... you've got pictures in your heart
and they will never get lost and they're mostly best ones!!! Very Happy
And you know... VANADIJA is our queen of finding everything for us!!!!!
Thanks Queen of pics and stories!! Wink

I have to get myself ready, my cousin is going to marry today!!!
Nice Weekend everybody and to you Boris... have a save trip home!!!!

flower
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:22 pm

COOL!Smile

Thanks Vanadija!

Wish I had CTV. They don't have that here in Asia.
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Woohooo, great find, Littel Flower! Thank you very much! sunny
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks a million Little Flower , wonderful pics ! cheers

I especially like the last one and the one with beloved JP II.
Mine are coming real soon. Please be patient with me.
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Glad you like them!!! I love you
Did you see that you can order these pics??!?!?

http://www.fotoagentur-kiderle.de/Seiten_Hauptmenue/preise_papierabzuege.php

I haven't!

Don't worry Boris... best things always takes time!!!
Looking very much forward to it!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:42 am

Thank you Little Flower for your confidence , now I hope I won't disappoint you with my pics.

Here come some pictures of the Holy Mass and Procession of Corpus Christi presided by H.E. Mons. Piero Marini on Saturday June 13 at the
Parish Church of Saint Leo I , Diocese of Rome.

The Church was built in the Twentieth century on Via Prenestina by the architect Giuseppe Zander , erected parish in 1952 and since 1965 is home to the Cardinals with the title "Saint Leo I" .
The facade of the Church is brick with portals and sculptures by Luigi Venturini.
In the interior there is a good work of art, like
* The Apse's mosaic which represents the meeting of St.Leo with Atila and the windows with the Ten Commandments of John Hajnal.
* The Bronze group representing the main Altar with the Crucifixion by Venanzo Crocetti
* and the Madonna and Child by Alfredo Biagini.

Piero Marini - Page 19 Archbi13
Piero Marini - Page 19 Corpus17
Piero Marini - Page 19 Deares10
Piero Marini - Page 19 Our_de10
Piero Marini - Page 19 During10
Piero Marini - Page 19 Heart_10
Piero Marini - Page 19 Benecd10

First we had the Holy Mass then Eucharistic adoration for about two hours and after the Procession visiting different altars prepared in the neighbourhood around the Church. The whole ceremony started at 6:oopm and ended at 11:oo pm
Beautiful ceremony and day !!

Last edited by Boris on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piero Marini
Page 19 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next