Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piero Marini

Go down 
+8
texasrose
star-light
Boris
Dangermouse
Vanadija
ada
Benedetta
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
star-light

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Piero Marini - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:52 pm

its true Boris, one can exchange views with people who think differently, even if I didn't have the presumption of talking about liturgy with him of course!!!!

I have to say that again probably one of you would have appreciated his company more then me, and probably would have talked about serious stuff rather than chatting about random things!
Maybe I should've said he has a throng of fans and that there's a whole forum dedicated to him, but i didn't think about it at the time....i'm sorry!
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:48 pm

Just curious... does Piero write any poetry?

I just finished reading Cardinal Dziwisz's book, A Life With Karol, and I remember reading that Pope John Paul also wrote poetry other than encyclicals and books, so that got me thinking "Does Piero write poetry too?"

What are his other hobbies?
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Oh, boy, some girls have all the luck. Wink Of course we remember you Starlight and your video. In fact, I have watched it again just yesterday. It raised quite a lot of comments on YouTube too, sadly not all were appropriate...... Be that as it may, in my opinion it is the best video ever made about this topic. Anyway, I`m glad you found your way back to this forum and thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It is great to know you changed your mind a bit about how “grumpy and bossy” he is, ha ha. And don`t feel sorry for not talking about more serious stuff. I don`t think I would be able to do that either, especially the first time. Chatting about random things is just fine. Very Happy

Thank you for the link, Shyerenai. The last picture was completely new to me. cheers

The price of a mitra is no secret, you can even buy it on the internet, in some serious religious stores. The problem is to find the right design and size.

What do you think of the book by Cardinal Dziwisz? To be honest, I expected a little more……….

Regarding Piero`s hobbies, I`m afraid I can`t really say. I read that he loves swimming, there were also some rumors about karate and I know for a fact he loves sacred music, but writing poetry………. Well, why not? He is talented and emotional enough. Actually it is a very nice thought, Piero writing poetry. Now I`ll go all sentimental…………….. I love you
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Today`s Pentecost Mass:

Piero Marini - Page 18 Rsz_pd19

Piero Marini - Page 18 Rsz_pd20

Piero Marini - Page 18 Rsz_pd21

Piero Marini - Page 18 Rsz_pd22

Oh, and by the way, Piero will be in Bose (again) at the start of next month: www.monasterodibose.it/index.php/content/view/3021/529/lang,fr/+giugno+2009+%22piero+marini+%22&cd=17&hl=sl&ct=clnk&gl=si" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Oe29kb241KEJ:www.monasterodibose.it/index.php/content/view/3021/529/lang,fr/+giugno+2009+%22piero+marini+%22&cd=17&hl=sl&ct=clnk&gl=si
Back to top Go down
Kaiet

PostSubject: Piero's Hobbies   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:41 pm

I read somewhere that he likes football and is a supporter of AS Roma.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:22 pm

Welcome aboard Kaiet and thank you for that info. I think it is quite believable, considering the fact he co-presided the funeral of Franco Sensi.
Back to top Go down
star-light

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:27 am

AH! if he's a Roma fan then he's a friend!!! I'm a SUPER ROMA FAN!
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:11 am

AH! if he's a Roma fan then he's a friend!!!

LOL , you see Start-light , you two even have things in common . I love it.
Welcome Kaiet ! I hope to see you around often.
Great pics Vanadija and Shyerenai . Thanks a million to both !

Lot of reasons to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Hello! Mabuhay Kaiet!

Ok, nevermind about the mitra then.

As for Cardinal Dziwisz's book, I seriously was not expecting that.Like you Vanadija, I thought there would be more info/facts and other things we didn't know about Pope John Paul. When I saw the book and read the summary, I thought it was interesting. Then, when I actually started reading it, I thought "How come this is too short? Can't he explain a little more about this topic? Why didn't he elaborate on this chapter? He's missing a lot of details."

In my opinion (and I hate saying this but this is what I thought), it was too short and condensed... lacking. I felt like he was restraining himself from revealing too much information about John Paul, like the chapter concerning Mehmet Ali Agca and the Fatima prophecy, the fall of communism, world youth days, his life before he became pope, etc ( sorry for revealing too much info for those of you who haven't read this book yet).

But the good thing is that Cardinal Dziwisz finally spoke out about his experiences and life with Pope John Paul, although it was a short and brief biography.
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:08 pm

I've read some of Pope John Paul's poetry. They seemed deep, straight from the heart like "Over This, Your White Grave" and "John Beseeches Her". He is a really good poet. I wonder if he wrote any plays since he was an actor before the start of WWII.

If Piero does write any poetry, I want to see how he captures the essence of writing that poem with his emotions. He'll make a good poet. Have you all read any of his books?
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:43 pm

You are right Shyerenai, John Paul II really had a talent for writing. And since you asked, yes he did wrote a few plays, the most famous among them is The Jeweler's Shop, which was also made into a movie.

Regarding Piero`s books, so far I read Liturgia y Belleza, Ceremoniaire des papes and A Challenging Reform and liked them in that same order. Very Happy

Speaking of Piero, he just finished his 3 day visit to Ireland where he participated in Summer General Meeting of Irish bishops: http://www.indcatholicnews.com/news.php?viewStory=14460 and is already preparing his next trip to Poland (Tarnow), where he will meet the students of their seminary: www.episkopat.pl/?a=kalendarium_show&id=10968 and preside the Mass to mark the 10th anniversary of John Paul`s visit and canonization of Mother Kinga: http://www.centrum.stary.sacz.pl/pl/6046/12351/X_Rocznica_Kanonizacji_bl._Kingi.html.
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 pm

sunny Vanadija Vanadija....
Are you his secretary??!!!!!! Wink
Nevertheless... I love these informations!!!!!!!!!I love you

....Sorry have to stop here,
coming back later.

flower
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 am

Yeah, you got me now! Wink

Well, obviously, I`m not his secretary……………yet…………but I`m trying real hard, hoping that one day he will read this forum, see how useful I am and hire me. Very Happy
lol!
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 am

So what are his books like? Which would you recommend?

I wish they had English versions of his books. And sadly, I haven't found any of them in the book stores here.
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Hello everyone!

Vanadija,
Maybe your wish will become a reality soon and he will take a look at this furum.
We hope he will...

I had the honor to attend a Holy Mass presided by him las past Saturday at the San Leone I Church ( outskirts of Rome). A beautiful church and a beautiful Mass and homily, followed by Eucharistic adoration and Procession with the Holy Sacrament. I got home about midnight.
Have some pictures but I cannot post them now.

He is leaving for Poland on the 19th and back on the 22nd.

I've read all his books and I just got others like " Inizio del Ministerio Petrino del Vescovo di Roma Benedetto XVI" and two more. I will post about them, when I have a chance to read them and go through the beautiful pictures .
As you all have probably figured out by now, I am in Rome. I'll be here for a month, and I am enjoying every minute of it.
Shyerenai , two of his books are in English, I have them. I will tell you how to get them when I get home. I have enjoy reading them very much especially " Liturgy and Beaty" and the French one "Ceremonaire des Papes " . Some personal information in this last one which I loved.

Bye to everyone from Rome. sunny

Last edited by Boris on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi everyone.

Boris,
You actually told him about this forum?! I wonder how he'll react to it. He'll probably be flattered. At least you're in Rome. And maybe Vanadija will actually have a chance at becoming his secretary. Smile (Good luck with that!)

All I know is "Liturgical Reform", since that's in English.But I haven't even read it yet. They don't sell copies back in the States (I was looking for that book before I left for the Philippines), or here in PI. But I did see the Spanish version of "Liturgy and Beauty". I don't know about the rest.

What does he write about in "Ceremonaire des Papes"?
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:13 am

Boris, it is really wonderful you got the chance to talk to him and actually attend a Mass, presided by him. Lucky you! I also count on that some day, it would be a dream come true.

I think it is great you told him about this forum. I mean, lets face it, it is hard to find, which also explains the small membership, but we are a devoted group and that is what counts, so it will be a pity not to know of our existence, right? I hope he will be a little flattered, as Shyerenai said.

Regarding the books, Shyerenai, I think it is best you by them at Amazon. I think most of us did. Mind you, not all of them are in stock all of the time, it seems there is a great interest in them. And if memory serves me Ceremoniaire des Papes in only available at the French affiliate of Amazon. You can also try Ebay. You`ll see there are many stores that sell them. This particular book you are asking about is written as a series of interviews and it is partly about his life and partly about his vision on liturgy. It is very interesting so I strongly suggest it - if only you understand French or if you are willing to do what I did, slowly go through it with a good French dictionary. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
texasrose

texasrose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

I really admire you, Vanadija.

You deserve it, to meet Piero in person. I keep my fingers crossed, that it will happen to you.

texas....
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks a lot Texasrose. I know it is my fault, because I don`t travel like Boris or Starlight and so. But I have big hopes for next year when we will have a National Eucharistic Congress in Slovenia. I hope he will come! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi there!
BORIS!!!!! You LUCKY ONE !! cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Hope you will still have a wonderful and blessed time in Bella Roma.
Looking forward to your report when you' re back.

So... Eccellenza does now know about us Embarassed Wink
I can see his grin!!! Smile

Shyerenai: try to find something here in Germany on the internet
for you, but no sorry. But if I will be lucky sometime, I will tell you!
I only have two of his books but not the time to read them.
The Bible is on first place for me to read (try it once a day, sometimes twice!).
I`m happy to finished a book last week which I started a year ago. Embarassed

Texasrose: I missed you Lady Bavaria! Smile
Good to know that you´re still there.
By the way... on of my aunties is from Deggendorf or Mitterndorf (near Passau).

Vanadija: If the LORD wants you to meet him or to work for him HE will do it!!! Pray for it and believe for what you are praying.

Praying for you all for the chance of meeting him.
The best way will be that you don't expect it then!! Wink
Surprise Surprise!!!!!Smile
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks Little Flower! Very Happy

As some of you might remember our Piero (hmmm, I should probably stop addressing him as "our Piero" if he is going to read this, but on the other hand, if I have done it until now it would be strange not to continue Very Happy ) was in Messina in May this year, at a celebration in honor of St. Annibale Maria di Francia. Now they uploaded pictures……lots of pictures…..in fact 134 pictures….. like this one:

Piero Marini - Page 18 Rsz_ds10

so if you want more (and I know you do) simply go to: http://www.basilicaantoniana.it/processione2009_s_annibale/index.html and enjoy Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:46 am

Also, two short audio memories on Poland 1999: http://www.rdn.pl/info_kzw/index.php?rdn=rdn_kzw200906919
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Vanadija... what a WONDERFUL weekend special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you I love you Very Happy
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:57 am

Cool! Thanks Vanadija!Smile

I have been looking for copies of the books he wrote since I arrived here. Sadly, I haven't found any.

I will try looking for "Ceremonaire des Papes" and the German translations of his other books (if they have some here). I can speak and write in German, but I'm not that fluent. I only had four years to learn German in high school. Sometimes I feel like it's not sufficient enough for me to understand. I'd be lucky if I find a Tagalog version of any of his books.

I don't even know if I can order from Amazon or Ebay. I just moved here and I haven't really set up a bank account yet (I only exchange currencies at the banks here). And I don't even know if they ship packages to the Philippines. It was a lot easier to order things from Amazon and Ebay when I was still living in California. The mailing and shipping system here is very different from the West. That's why I don't trust myself to order something from another country and have it shipped here because it might just get stolen (I already had some of my things stolen when I had them shipped from California to Manila) or lost (that already happened too) along the way.
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Thank you so very much for the wonderful link to Messina, Vanadija ! You are spoiling us .

I have quite a few pictures to post from these days, but I will only be able to post them when I get home .

It seems to me "our Piero" has change the mitra I don't remember him wearing that one the last June 13, but I could be wrong.

Shyerenai, I don't think you are going to get the book " Ceremonaire des Papes" in German, only in French so try to follow Vanadija's advices.

Yes, I have mentioned this forum and also the one on Facebook to Mons. Marini. I hope he will enjoy reading the posts if he ever comes to visit us in either one.

I don't have much time left now but I'll back soon.

Best regards from Rome !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piero Marini
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next