Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piero Marini

Go down 
+8
texasrose
star-light
Boris
Dangermouse
Vanadija
ada
Benedetta
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Little Flower

Little Flower

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Piero Marini - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:40 am

Good evening everybody!

Dear Shyerenai I have to say that I prefer your version much more because it's not
worldly and superficial as mine is!!! But as I said, through the internet you get
quite good "information" about his work and of his thinking (as long as he tells "us") ,
from people who worked with him , etc. !!!
One of his characteristic I like is, that HE didn't say anything why he did leave (has to?).
Only Monsignore Guido did! I think Guido wasn't used to the press at this time!!!

Before I write my opinion to the word CARDINAL....I could be very wrong but is there
a meaning that ,for example, Archbishop Harveys Rochett is now out of lace??
He's not the only one who "changed" the Rochett. Sorry for that question, but I really
have no idea. Embarassed Wink

Piero for Cardinal!?!?!?!?!
This gives me a beating heart....
I hope you all will forgive me what I will write now, but this is just my opinion:
He absolutly deserves it!!!!!!!!!
But did you all think this wish until the very very end????:
They can "put" him (give him a new job) where ever they want him.
Sure they maybe could still do it now.
What about the next conklave?
What happens if HE will be on the balcony in a white gown??
That means... no more holiday in his home village and staying with his family,
maybe no really chats with ordenary people.
I'm not that kind of person who have knowledge of human nature and I could be
very wrong, but in my point of view he loves people and meeting them ,known or
unknown ones (No I never met him and I think I never will).
This is what I think about THAT!!
But GOD decides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I tell you that I was in Rom during that special first Oktober week 2007 ??
Yes, but I didn't know about his leaving until that Friday (6.10.07) when somebody
who works in the vatican (who years ago was priest in a church in my hometown)
was invited for dinner from our group, because he made it possible, that 2 of us
be sitting in the first row to shake hands with Benedetto after the audience.
I wasn't that surprise because I've got a knowing that will happen and the 1 st
of October could be that date.!! It was!!!! Sad
No no... I have no contact to that Monsignore from my hometown.
I really don't know him, just met him there. Sorry !!!!!

Oh yes.... my offer to you all..............
I know I'm crazy (sometimes !! Wink ).... who wants a sms-rington (.amr) ???

Dangermouse... was für eine Name! Wink "danger" ist bestimmt im guten Sinn gemeint!!
" what a name " it's a good meaning, right?!?!

Again it's late...
Do you know who my best friend is at the moment?
He's name is DICTIONARY !!!!!!!!!! Laughing Wink
Speaking english is easier!!!! Cool

Good night everybody
GOD bless you

flower
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:51 am

Oh, I forgot about this. I feel guilty. Sad

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

(Well, belated greetings to everyone as I'm sure it's Mother's Day in your part of the wolrd. It already passed in my part of the globe. And what a "wonderful" day I'm having. I'm stuck in the middle of a typhoon- those are very common here in the Philippines- trapped on the fifth floor of a building in the middle of my university, and the streets are flooded with filthy water, so there's no way for me to go home. I am definitely not swimming in that water. I'll ruin my uniform. At least I brought my laptop with me and I'm chatting with you all to pass the time. Classes are canceled but my friends and I are all stuck here.)

Little Flower, I definitely agree with you. He really deserves to be a Cardinal.

As for a "future" Pope... there's lots to speculate about. Who knows? Maybe Piero may be the next Pope... I don't know. It would be nice though. But what I find ironic is this: My cousin, who is a priest, told me about a prophecy of the popes made by a monk in the Dark Ages. I don't believe in it- well, maybe some parts of the prophecy, especially the ones pertaining to the 20th century popes - but the one thing he said that I found a bit intriguing was that the next pope after Benedict will be Peter( not St. Peter but someone called Peter). And the connection I made with Piero is that the English equivalent of Piero's name is Peter.

Don't get overexcited about that. Obviously it's all speculation right now- a big guessing game. It's so hard to tell what will happen in the next conclave. Prophecies don't always have to be fulfilled. It's between choice and fate. (Man, this seems so Harry Potter-ish. I feel stupid just explaining this to everyone.)

And I thought that my cousin was just joking and telling me this just to entertain me. It made me suspicious and doubtful. But since another priest had given this piece of information to my cousin, I couldn't doubt him. The only thing that's bothering me is how my cousin met that priest and where, who that priest is, where that priest works, and if it's all just a hoax.

Got to go now. My classmates want to borrow my laptop since the school computers aren't working anymore, especially in this kind of situation.

Paalam (goodbye)!
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Little Flower, first let me say your English is great and there is absolutely no need to apologize. Besides, almost none of us here is a native speaker, so we all make mistakes, but that doesn`t matter. We do understand each other just fine. Very Happy

Secondly, I think that with exception of Shyerenai, we all learned about Piero the - so called - superficial way. Which is very logical, because he was/is extremely good looking. The important thing is we didn`t stop there and with some research (some really lucky ones also with their personal experiences) we discovered that he has a personality that matches his looks completely. Very Happy

Regarding his reasons for the change in the Liturgy office, no, he didn`t give any explanation why he had to leave. In fact, no one did. And in my opinion the explanation should come from those, who arranged his replacement. But same as you, I also like the fact that he didn`t comment it in any way and I think that says a lot about him (instead he rather wrote a lovely and touching farewell letter).

Many things changed since his departure and the rochett changes you noticed is only one of them. I have to admit I didn`t really see any changes in abp. Harvey`s rochett (I will pay a better attention the next time I watch papal ceremonies), but I think that it is more a question of personal taste than anything else. For instance; mons. Guido is all in lace but most of the other ceremoniars still wear what they did before his arrival. But I could very well be wrong there and those laces are supposed to be some sort of a status symbol statement.

Now to the big theme – Piero for Cardinal (and possibly for a Pope some day). Well, to first I definitely have to say yes to. Same as the rest of you here, I think if anyone deserves that honor (for numerous contributions and sacrifices he mad for beloved John Paul II and the Church), he is the one and if you ask me, he is long overdue (if not sooner, he and abp. Harvey should get the red hat together with abp. Dziwisz in 2006 – those three always shared the same destiny, they were ordained bishops and elevated to the rang of archbishops on the same day, even during the same ceremony, so why not here???). Contrary to you, Little Flower, I don`t think that would mean he would have to change his position again, if anything, I can even see it as a guarantee he will stay where he is. As far as I know, his predecessors in the Committee were all Cardinals (true, they were Cardinals before they got this position, but still) and as you well observed, they can “put him wherever they like” just as well now.

The conclave is, of course, another thing and also a huge responsibility (by that I mean voting itself, let alone being elected), but I`m sure he can take it. In fact, I`m convinced he would make a great Pope. Although for all the same reasons you stated Little Flower, I would also much rather see that the white gown passes him by.

Staying on the same topic but on lighter and funnier note, just look at this website: http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=show_event_by_markets&chosen_ev_id=458733&chosen_mkt_id=1005046&category=SPECIALS&LANG=es&lang_change=Y. People are already betting on the new Pope and Piero`s stakes are extremely high.

Regarding the prophecy, Shyerenai, your cousin wasn`t kidding. There is indeed The Prophecies of St. Malachy that says that the next Pope would be Peter (the Roman). But it also says that this will be the very last Pope…….. If you want to know more, just search the net, there are a lot of pages written about that prophecy. I just hope it won`t come true.
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Hallo Vanadija & Shyerenai,

oh yes I also heard of that prophecy but we don't listen to that,
because the bibel tells us in 1. Thessl. 5,19-22:

Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Acts 17,11:

These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word
with al readiness of mind , and searched the scriptures daily,
whether those things were so.

GOD said that HE doesn't like these kind of "things" in Deuteronomy 18, 10-13.

THANK YOU that you think I write a good english!!! Embarassed

I wish I could offer you something you do not have ... or so...
but I think that's impossible just maybe the rington.

Do you know abbot-primate ( don't know if it's the right word) Notker Wolf?
He' s coming to Cologne and if the LORD will, I will go to hear him.
This will be a presentation of his new book.

If I'm not able to be back for the weekend.....
Do not forget the prayes around the 16 th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure you won't forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

lol!

flower
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:21 am

A short video Hungarian TV made prior to Piero`s visit to Eger next Saturday: http://fr.gloria.tv/?media=26556 Very Happy I hope there will be one after his visit too (possibly in English). Wink
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:42 pm

Lovely video , thank you Vanadija !

Little Flower, welcome to Piero's legion of women ! :

Last edited by Boris on Fri May 22, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:57 pm

Thank you Vanadija!!!

Hi Letizia ,
THANKS for your welcome!!! Like a Star @ heaven Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:11 pm

W O W !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where do you find all these "things" ?!?!?
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flower
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:51 pm

You`re welcome Little Flower! It does take a bit of skill, lots of time and luck and years of practice searching the net ........ Wink But I have to admit this is without a doubt one of the best things I have ever found. I simply love it. I wonder who the painter is (and the owner for that matter) and how was it made (I mean, did he pose - oh boy, just imagine that - or was it made after a photo or something and what was the occassion).
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:18 am

I thought I was going to faint when I saw the painting ... Oh my God , does he ever look gorgeous , regal , elegant . It's absolutely a beautiful painting !!
Yeah , I want that painting very badly as well . I wonder if he has it or where could the painting been seen .
Thank you so much Vanadija for sharing. Very Happy

Last edited by Boris on Fri May 22, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:13 am

My pleasure! Very Happy I just hope one day we will be able to see it with our own eyes.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:58 am

Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Vanadija! I love you I love you I love you sunny
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:39 pm

sunny sunny sunny

Last edited by Boris on Mon May 25, 2009 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Post too busy)
Back to top Go down
Little Flower

Little Flower

PostSubject: :::   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:05 pm

VANADIJA : cheers I love you drunken Like a Star @ heaven queen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS KISSES HUGS KISSES HUGS KISSES HUGS KISSES HUGS KISSES
KISSES HUGS KISSES HUGS KISSES HUGS KISSES HUGS KISSES HUGS......
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TY TY TY
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:28 pm

Pictures from Hungary Very Happy http://www.eger.egyhazmegye.hu/index.php/ministrans-sarok/20090525968/egyhazmegyei-ministrans-talalkozo And if you click where it says "Piero Marini beszéde (Letölthető INNEN!)" you can also find Piero`s speech, but sady only in Hungarian.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Wonderful collection of pictures , thank you so much Vanadija ! Very Happy
I cannot understand a word of his homily and of course the Goggle translation is pretty awful, but the pics are great and speak for themselves. Everyone wanted his autograph and he seemed to enjoy being with everyone as it's always the case.

I think Piero is going to need a new mitra ...ha. ha
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Boris wrote: "I think Piero is going to need a new mitra ...ha. ha"

Ha, ha, my thoughts exactly. Very Happy Girls, lets all chip in and buy him one. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:17 am

Excellent idea , I am in ! Now we need to know the right size .
Hopefully we should be able to find out Wink Idea
Back to top Go down
star-light

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 1:37 am

Hello everyone!

i don't know if you remember me, I am the girl from Rome who met His Excellency on the plane ages ago, and I made that video about the differences between the old and new Cerimonieri!

It took me ages to find this blog again, I just wanted to report that tonight I met him again and this time I had the opportunity to actually talk to him.
Tonight it was the annual rosary procession in the Vatican gardens which ends with prayers and chants with the Pope.
My friends and I got there really early so while we were waiting were standing next to a bunch of Bishops and Cardinals that were preparing themselves, and of course there was His Excellency Piero Marini.
My friends started talking to Mons Boccardo, while I chatted with His Excellency, he was very nice, wanted to know from which parish in Rome we were and how old we were, and if we did activities and if we participated to any World Youth Day which of course we did. He was very friendly, at the end we all took a photo. He also told me where we were in the Vatican and all the places and buildings we were going to see during the procession.

As I had the opportunity to say, I have never been a major fan of His Excellency, simply because we are a traditional bunch (in fact in our group I was the only one who talked with him extensively) , but I have to say as a person he is very friendly and chatty!!
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Hello Star-light,

How great to hear, you got the opportunity to talk to His Excellency yesterday, and could find out for yourself what a friendly and kind man he is. It was also very nice of you to tell us. Thank you and welcome back to the forum !
I should have been yesterday there in Rome too, circumstances made it impossible, but I will there in four more days.

To me it doesn't matter if one person is traditionalist in his/her ideas in order to talk to another one who may not share the same opinions. Actually Mons. Piero Marini is very traditionalist in many ways, more that you make think . But it doesn't matter, does it ? One can still have great conversations with people who are totally different to us . It's always an excellent idea to exchange points of view and to listen to what others have to say. In your case it was fun, he told you about the buildings you were going to pass by etc... so wonderful . flower
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Hello everyone!

Once again, I have to say this: I have a funny feeling some of you may have already seen this.

http://www.cuuthe.com/fxthuan/nvtthanhle01.html

My friend from Vietnam sent this to me. And I wish she had sent a translation along with it.

As for the mitra, maybe I should ask my cousin how much a mitra would cost. Very Happy Laughing Razz

But then again, he probably won't say anything because of his "vow of silence". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piero Marini
Page 17 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next