Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piero Marini

Go down 
+8
texasrose
star-light
Boris
Dangermouse
Vanadija
ada
Benedetta
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
ada

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-07-14

Piero Marini - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 8:23 pm

nice to see you're having a lively conversation. I finally found the link to the site again .

yeah,so,I saw the last Mass from Naples and it was kinda' emotional as it probably was for all of u,I felt like I was witnessing the end of an era(and what a beautiful era).Now nothing is the same in the Vatican and that is rather sad .No Piero on tv will be something very hard to digest after growing up with it but let's hope it's like people say "not all change is bad".

what does the german article say,I have no idea ?
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:51 pm

Ok. There's a good tool for translations: google translations tool.
The german artcile (orginal at www.papanews.it) says that Piero had told his colleagues to protest against the new MC and to lay down their work.
Evil or Very Mad
And now, it will be a "new time" with Guido Marini....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 10:54 pm

Welcome back, Ada!!!

What does the German article say? That's a question scratch . I should learn German better.
What I could understand is, that some people from the Office of Liturgical celebration resigned their posts. However the resignations were not accepted by the Vatican.
But this sentence is the most important one:
"Nach Angaben der Webseite soll Erzbischof Marini von seinen Mitarbeitern diese Rücktritte als spektakulären Treuebeweis erbeten haben."
=
According to the website (papanews) archbishop Marini should ask for these resignation of his co-workers as a spectacular sign of loyalty."

At least there are nice pictures Smile like this one
Piero Marini - Page 4 Articl10
Back to top Go down
https://vaticanart.forumotion.com
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:07 am

A huge welcome back Ada !! I share your feelings , the end of a beautiful era ...

Both the German and the Italian articles are vicious , undignified and ungraceful . I wonder how many times I've writen these words in the last few weks . I have to add , this is really becoming excesive . I cannot take this hatred anymore. My heart is broken and I am suffering beacuse all this cruelty and lack of charity towards our beloved Archbishop. How come nothing get done to stop it ?

WHY LORD , WHY is this happening ?
There is not doubt that these honorable people, whos poor souls are, sadly filled with hatred and jealousy, and who seem to get some pleasure in malign Archbishop Marini, in their articles, speak more of themselves than of the good Archbishop. It is still heart braking though, to read such terrible and false stories about someone who one admire and love, and who happen to be a faithful servant of the Lord and His Church for so many years.
Who are these people who write and spread this hatred and get away with it ? . Well , they may get away with it NOW , but please don't forget that we are all going to face Jesus one day and be judged by Him, with the same measure we judged others.

To you most dear Archbishop Marini , think about how closely you are climbing Calvary with Jesus...
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 am

If you go to the Fr. Z's blog and scroll down to:

Mutiny on the Loggia of Pontifical Ceremonies
CATEGORY: SESSIUNCULUM — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf @ 6:03 pm
There is a biting piece at Petrus you might want to read, in ...

You will find that article translated by this blogger , who doesn't miss a chance ever ... ,plus the comments of his peanuts galery.
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:14 am

No I hope Piero close his eyes and ears.....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:19 am

Wow, I thought Fr. Z didn't notice this one attack! He must be happy he can dig at Marini again. No
Back to top Go down
ada

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:01 pm

I don't think anyone seriously believes what these people say(I mean no one in their right mind).The problem I see is that when u have a subject like the Vatican ,which is very hard to form a real opinion on,people tend to go with what sounds more scandalous ,news/debate worthy.I mean,some people might end up saying "I hate this person/thing" or "I love this person/thing" just based on what they heard in one place and thought it was worthy of attention and then they decided it would make them look smart and cool to pretend they know what they're talking about. From my years watching the Vatican I got to the impression that most of the time the outside world will never get the whole story of what happens there so it might at times also be easy to make someone look bad or good.For example I tend to form my opinions based on what some write like for ex: Rocco Palmo who manages to be funny and light-toned about stuff but without making it gossipy and trashy which is what, in my opinion ,makes him a reliable source of info.
And we all have to remember that even among priests('cause they're still human) envy may run deep and not even they know everything about the world they belong too so I will never
take anything coming from strange sources seriously.

The main point here is that,no matter what anyone says,Piero is no longer MC and nothing will change that and we'll never get the whole picture as to why he was replaced now and not earlier in Benedicts Pontificate or later,if he wanted to leave,if he didn't want to leave,if he fought for his job or just didn't care for it that much anymore.But I think if in the next Consistory the Pope doesn't give him the red hat it will probably be a clue as to how much Benedict liked/appreciated him or disliked him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 pm

You are 100% right. But it is not as much about gossips as about the way they talk about the man. It is just terrible and they don't want to stop. Comments on many blogs are more or less personal attacks and insults. To disagree with Piero (or anybody) is OK. To make fun of him and insult him is not OK.

I think it is normal, that each pope choose his own people to work with. So wanting to have a new MC is understanable. Everybody knew it would happen one day.
It will be strange not see him there anymore. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:31 pm

Dangermouse Smile
I hope Piero doesn't have so much free time to read blogs on internet lol!
I don't think anybody of those internet heroes would be so brave to tell it straight to his face.
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 1:31 am

Quote:

But it is not as much about gossips as about the way they talk about the man. It is just terrible and they don't want to stop. Comments on many blogs are more or less personal attacks and insults. To disagree with Piero (or anybody) is OK. To make fun of him and insult him is not OK.
---------------
Right on, Admin. The issue here is not that they are gossiping or talking, but the way they are doing it. Yes, we are reading cruel personal attacks , disgusting lies, and mockery of him. It's vicious and uncharitable. That is why I keep saying, how come are these people getting away with it?
We are not dealing only with the " like or dislike " of a person because of differences of opinions . We are talking here about people , who are unable to disagree without being insulting.

I agree Ada , as people don't really know what is going on, they pick up on whatever they may think is going to get more people's attention.

Anyway ,he is not the MC anymore , if that is what they wanted so, why don't they stop digging at him ? Why don't they stop maligning him? Why don't they leave him in peace ? Question

And NO , I don't think any of those people would be brave to tell him face to face.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:09 pm

Cannot help it, I have to post this one comment Very Happy

I am saddened to hear so many “hissy fits” by so many who love the Traditional Latin Liturgy. The lack of Charity is overwhelming: this is NOT the Church of Papa Benedetto xvi. Sniping at Piero Marini personally gets YOU disrespect from those who actually worked with/for him. He is always a gentleman, quiet and respectful to those that he asks for tasks….If you do not know the man, leave his personal life out of it. Card Noe received the same gruesome farewell…...
Comment by catherine — 24 October 2007 @ 9:01 am
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:35 am

I really enjoyed myself reading this post at Fr.Z' s blog this morning.

"This is NOT the Church of Papa Benedetto XVI !!" she said ...

Indeed is not .
I hope they realized how bad they really look, brava Catherine !

Thank you Admin .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 1:31 pm

and this is what Catherine got as the answer:

"Catherine, the sad factor is that at present Lex Orandi does not equal Lex Credendi. The ray of luminescence is that The Holy Father is endeavouring to restore the balance which requires all our support. The fact that so many have been mobilised to discuss this and share their perspectives should be praised and not lamented. It would be most uncharitable to deny the love through reverence, honour and respect that is due Our Blessed Lord in the Roman Catholic liturgy. No one can objectively deny that such is lamentably missing in most liturgical activity today. To remain silent about this is very much an uncharitable act, since the welfare of the soul is involved, too.
Comment by LeonG — 24 October 2007 @ 7:06 pm"

Now I am confused! They don't want to understand or they just cannot understand what they are actually doing? Looks like each dicussion with them is just a waste of time.

Does somebody have some nice and cute pictures??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 6:41 pm

Piero Marini - Page 4 Pdvd_011

Piero Marini - Page 4 Pdvd_110

Piero Marini - Page 4 Pdvd_111

Piero Marini - Page 4 Pdvd_010

USA 1995

Cute enough Question
Back to top Go down
ada

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:05 pm

yep,I'd say that qualifies as very cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:18 pm

I have these (maybe you've already seen them)!!!

Piero Marini - Page 4 Marini10

Piero Marini - Page 4 Marini11

Piero Marini - Page 4 1_210

Piero Marini - Page 4 1995a10
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:53 am

Thank you girls , nice pictures !

I love seeing both of them together , Pope John Paul II the Beloved and Archbishop Marini, our Piero. sunny
Back to top Go down
ada

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:06 pm

here's another 2

Piero Marini - Page 4 Papa-1

Piero Marini - Page 4 Pieropope4micm
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 7:34 pm

Thank you! Those are sweet. That's how he looked like when I saw him for the frst time in TV. Very Happy (when I saw a Papal Mass in the TV for the first time)
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Where were these pictures taken ? , and the year was ? I was not following the Papal Masses and Celebrations at that time. Embarassed Crying or Very sad No

Thank you , they are wonderful !
Back to top Go down
ada

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 12:13 am

I don't know when the first one was taken but the second one is a scan from a book I have and it was taken in May 1987 in Germany(Munich stadium)
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 5:33 am

Then it was on his first year as MC

Thank you Ada Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:47 pm

Piero Marini - Page 4 77267910

Piero Marini - Page 4 Marini13

Piero Marini - Page 4 Marini14

Piero Marini - Page 4 Marini15
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:34 pm

Wow, great pictures! Thank you very much Ada & Admin.

For those of you who maybe haven`t noticed – the Committee website (http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pont_committees/eucharist-congr/index.htm) has finally changed:

President:
H.E. Msgr. Piero MARINI
00120 Città del Vaticano (Palazzo San Calisto)
Tel. : (0039) 06.698.87366; Fax: (0039) 06.698.7154
E-mail: eucharistcongress@org.va

Fax nr. is obviously wrong, because it lacks one number; I think there has to be an 8 before the last 4 digits……………….but contrary to liturgy office, this one has an e-mail address. Of course it is the address of the secretary, so more personal messages are out of the question Wink , but at least there is also this option of communication.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piero Marini
Page 4 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 28  Next