Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Jubilee Church

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-07-13

The Jubilee Church Empty
PostSubject: The Jubilee Church   The Jubilee Church Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:40 pm

I believe it is the newest church in Rome from 2003. I would love to see it! I am not a big fan of modern churches. Those few I saw... well they were more or less disasters. But this one looks really great (on the pictures). Were you there? Because if not, you missed this:

The Jubilee Church Inagur10

The Jubilee Church 002010

The Jubilee Church 002610
Back to top Go down
https://vaticanart.forumotion.com
letizia1

The Jubilee Church Empty
PostSubject: The Jubilee Church   The Jubilee Church Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:37 am

It's very different and beautiful but it's not for me . One day I will go there though.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-07-13

The Jubilee Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jubilee Church   The Jubilee Church Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 12:53 am

Modern churches at "eastern" Europea are growing quickly like mushrooms after rain. Each village despite having beautiful old church wants to build a new one (even if less people attend masses each year). It is almost like a competition in who will have the biggest one. So only the quantity is important. No wonder those churches will never have a dignity church should have. Of course it is not possible anymore to build in baroque style. Modern architecture must try to find and define its own ways of expression. There's no today Bernini or Caravaggio. Could be a risky experiment trying to decorate church by non-genius artist. (Of course sometimes it happens and the result can be great.) Architecture works with space. If modern church is only a white box, you cannot expect people feeling good there. And in church you should have that "special feeling". Otherwise you don't need church as a building, I believe any tent would be enough.
I haven't been in Jubilee Church. It is not yet noted in guides. It should be. Everybody should go there. From photos it looks like a real masterwork. A work of a Genius. His name is Richard Meier.
Back to top Go down
https://vaticanart.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

The Jubilee Church Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jubilee Church   The Jubilee Church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Jubilee Church
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Religion and art :: Pictures from Rome :: Churches-
Jump to: