Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piero Marini

Go down 
+8
texasrose
star-light
Boris
Dangermouse
Vanadija
ada
Benedetta
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Piero Marini - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:00 am

I cannot read a sigle word ! No
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: German text   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:53 pm

maybe this can help http://www.google.com/translate_t

I can understand German a little, but my translation would be even worse that with this google tool Smile

Letter on Fr. Z's blog: I am happy we could read that, but actually I think it is mean from Fr. Z that he posted it, commented it, and allowed comments to it.
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://vaticanart.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 6:46 pm

Thank you Admin ! with that Google translation , I was able to read the article. Yes the article is nice and has nice pictures too.

She writes:
" Two hours before each celebration Marini is in person on the spot ( he certainly is !) and reviews all items and the altar etc.
" Yet, something is missing, all liturgical objects and garments prepared accordingly".
( more or less that is what she says accords to my translation )

So... those famous vetsments in Austria were not there at that time ? The whole issue sounds to me so extrange.. to say the least.

Now I have to translate the new one that you posted Admin. It's also from her ? I saw the lovely pictures already .

I got up very early here on the eastern part of NA, to listen to the Holy Father telling at the end of the GA, the list of new Cardinals . Congratulations to the new ones.
Well ... Archbishop Marini did not get his red hat... Not this time anyway , but he WILL !

Dearest Archbishop , you got here your legion of women praying for you. We know you are going, in no time, to bring up the Pontifical Committe for Eucharistic Congresses up to the highest level as it should be, because The blessed Eucharist is the Heart of our Mother Catholic Church !!

Last edited by on Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 6:52 pm

I Quote Admin:

Letter on Fr. Z's blog: I am happy we could read that, but actually I think it is mean from Fr. Z that he posted it, commented it, and allowed comments to it.
---------------
Right on Admin !! the idea was make his " fair" comments about Archbishop Marini's letter and GET comments about it. Real heros !!
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:29 pm

About the article; I love when she refers to him as “silent conductor and attentive helper”. Bravo!

Those Google translations can sometimes be a bit too literate, so one can easily misinterpret the meaning. Laughing What Jessica said had nothing to do with Austra visit anymore. She only used it as an introduction to describe Piero`s role in papal travels in general. The first part about him, being on the spot two hours in advance is correct. The next sentence (in my interpretation) still refers to that and goes something like: »That way, if something is still missing, all the objects and vestments can be prepared correspondingly in due time.«

So there was nothing wrong with those particular vestments (besides the fact that I didn`t like them Wink ).
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:32 pm

About his letter; you are both very right. Despite the fact that I`m delighted I was able to read it, I don`t think Piero meant it to be published.

And it is a real disgrace Fr. Z used it for his own purposes.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:38 pm

And about today; I`m happy for many of those new cardinals. I think most of them deserve such honor. But so would he. I`m sad and deeply dissapointed. Crying or Very sad

But your expression, Letizia, about his legion of women, really got me in a good mood. Smile
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:32 am

Thanks a million Vanadija for clarifying that article for me . There is a big difference !
I didn't have any other choice though , I cannot understand a word of German.

I like the article myself , because she calls it as it is, or better to say, as it was Sad
Archbishop Marini always looked into every single detail , and he did it in a discreet , kind and respectful way... his way .
Besides , Archbishop Marini was / IS a Master and a Leader !
And... he will be a cardinal , don't be dissapointed . Pray, hope and don't worry as Saint Padre Pio used to say.

I am happy as a sunny, that I could get you in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Girls, you said it all!!! Very Happy

I just cannot wait until Sunday.
I tried to connect DVD-recorder to satellite receiver to be able to record the Mass. And ... it doesn't work scratch

Oh, Vanadija, don't be sad! Time will come flower
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:24 pm

PLEASE! Make it work!!!! pale
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Very Happy
I'll do my best!!! I want it soo much also.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 9:58 am

Admin wrote:
Oh, Vanadija, don't be sad! Time will come flower

Thank you, Admin. Yes, I know it will - someday. It`s just that I`m so not good in waiting. And now another 2 or 3 years will pass. I hope at least Benedict will say a few nice words about/to him tomorrow.

On a funnier note – here is an interesting comment I found on a Polish website, written by a young man (20) who obviously has mixed feelings about him – but his prediction and the play of words is just too cute to overlook:
“Z jednej strony miałem zawsze dziwną słabość do Marinego za jego – w moim odczuciu – szlachetną, arystokratyczną wręcz prezencję (mam kompleksy wobec ludzi którzy wyglądają lepiej ode mnie), z drugiej zaś dochodziło do ewidentnych nadużyć liturgicznych.
On jest bardzo popularny w niektórych kręgach, jeżeli zostanie Marini rosso, to pewnego dnia (a ma “dopiero” 65 lat) może być Marini bianco…”

Lacking any Polish members, who would do it much better, I`m afraid you are stuck with my translation:
“I must say I always felt a strange kind of weakness for Marini; in my eyes a nobleman, an aristocrat without comparison (in general I have inferiority complex towards people who look better than me), but on the other hand there have been evident breaks of liturgical rules.
He is very popular in some circles, so if he becomes Marini rosso, on a certain day (and he has “only” 65 years), he could be Marini bianco…”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:53 pm

Thanks for that post and a translation. If that would ever happen... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

I am really curious for tomorrow. We never witnessed something like that yet, did we?

then and now

Piero Marini - Page 3 Aia_2010

Piero Marini - Page 3 Afp-0310
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Thanks Vanadija,

I like it... Marini rosso may become Marini bianco . God works in mysterious ways , everything is possible for Him . Actually to have a Marini rosso , I don't think we will have to wait 2 or 3 years. After giving the names of this year new cardinals , Papa Ratzinger went on :
"There are other persons, very dear to me who, for their dedication to the service of the Church, well deserve promotion to the dignity of cardinal. In the future I hope to have the opportunity to express, also in this way, my esteem and affection to them and to their countries of origin.
Could be our Archbishop Marini one of those " other persons " ? It could happen as early as next year. I very much hope so.

No Admin, I've never witness two MC working together. I am sure things will go nice and easy. This event will make history... because it will be the last apparence of Mons. Marini as MC . So long Your Excellency , you will be missed !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 12:45 am

Everything will go nice and easy Smile, that is for sure. I am more curious if "passing the torch" is going to be mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 5:45 pm

I got up at 5:00 AM to watch the Mass in Naples live, but as at times happen , EWTN had given us the wrong shedules. When I turned the TV on the Holy Father was already ending his homily... good thing they have an ancore at 12:00 PM.

Terrible weather in Naples, I felt sorry for everyone. It was raining cats and dogs , windy and cold. It remained me of June 3rd in Rome the day of the Canonization of the Foundress of the nuns I grew up with , Mother Marie Eugene of Jesus. It was just as bad as today, and we all got soaking wet . Fr. Sequeira from CTV, was comenting why they did not celebrated the Mass inside ?, well, Fr. Sequira , if as they said ,yesterday the weather was good and warm , what can anyone do if mother nature changes just like that. The same thing in Rome , on June 2nd it was nice and sunny, but the June the 3rd was for the pitts. Are they going to blame Arch. Marini for this too, now ??

Today I thought , see ? Heavens is crying because Mons. Marini is leaving. He was there assisting the Pope in his as usual, perfect way.
I did no see the new MC .... confused
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 6:03 pm

That's it.
Well, there were no two MCs working together. But they both greeted Benedict XVI. with big smiles Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8wW_jLUb98

Weather was terrible. They were really freezing there. This bishop had a good idea to wear a scarf

Piero Marini - Page 3 Afbeel10
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 7:43 pm

Yes, Admin, it was not how I`ve imagined it would be. Somehow I was expecting to see Piero and Guido working together. I was also hoping Benedict would mention him in his homily or at the beginning of Angelus. But there were no thank you words, not even a hug or a handshake.

And the weather was just terrible, like in the middle of winter. Poor Piero was certainly there 2 hours ahead of others, so he was double as chilled – at times you could see he was rubbing his hands and trying to warm up. But he was just as attentive as always. I think Benedict will really miss his help and will only now realize what he had.

Thanks for the video. It is so nice to see him smiling. flower
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 8:07 pm

Yeah, I was also a little disappointed Sad
And moderators also didn't say a word. It is strange that after 20 years this should be the last Mass. But this Mass was prepared months ago... and papa Benedict is not so spontaneous as John Paul II (he looks so shy all the time Smile)
Just remembered how John Paul II was joking about the hat he got as a gift. He told that he got it from Piero Marini and he has to wear it during that Mass...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 10:41 pm

Piero Marini - Page 3 Crw_2410

Piero Marini - Page 3 Crw_3210

Piero Marini - Page 3 Crw_3211

Piero Marini - Page 3 Crw_3212
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 6:04 am

Thank you for the video Admin and for those great pictures. It was grand to see Archbishop Marini smiling and greeting the Holy Father with the new MC.

Were those pictures taken today in Naples ? I am asking because the weather doesn't look so bad . I love the pictures anyway , in special the three last ones with Cardinal Bertone . They look like they are joking and I love that.

I finally watched the ancore of today Papal Mass . Yes, indeed it was cold and miserable . I could see our Archbishop rubbing his hands and looking pretty cold , so was the Holy Father.
I must say I liked the idea of the two Marini not working together. It showed respect towards Archbishop Marini. Maybe the lack of words and thanks in public was the way our Archbishop wanted to have it. I know I don't like goodbyes.

Indeed with John Paul II was different , he loved to joke and to tease especially with people he had been working with for many years... Ah... but there was only one JP II . He was very special indeed.

I must admit that while watching the Mass, I had sort of a knot in my stomach and my heart, and tears in my eyes. Is going to be incredibly difficult not to see our Piero around the Papal Masses any more. Embarassed Sad

Last edited by on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 2:27 pm

Pictures: No they were not from Naples. Form Germany, I believe. They are cute, that's why I posted them.

I didn't want to compare JPII to Benedict XVI. Smile Don't worry, Letizia.

Dangermouse!!! Can you try to translate the article? Please!!!
I am not sure if I understand it good, but are they accusing Piero of "forcing" others from the Office to abdicate???
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks Admin, no I didn't think those pictures were from Naples . They are truly cute !

Oh no , I didn't think you were comparing Jonh Paul the Beloved to Benedict XVI. What is the point to compare ?

They are accusing Piero of WHAT ? Is there anyone who can put a STOP to this madness ?? . It's insane those people have lost it . Why don't they leave him alone ? Why Archbishop Marini has to put up with all this dirt ? Is anyone out there who really understand what the words "LOVE your brothers as yourself" imply ?

Last edited by on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piero Marini
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next