Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piero Marini

Go down 
+8
texasrose
star-light
Boris
Dangermouse
Vanadija
ada
Benedetta
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Piero Marini - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 1:17 am

Cardinal: Some not satisfied even after pope's Tridentine Mass decree

By Cindy Wooden
Catholic News Service

ROME (CNS) -- Rather than being grateful, some people have reacted to Pope Benedict XVI's wider permission for the celebration of the Tridentine Mass with further demands, said Cardinal Dario Castrillon Hoyos.

The cardinal, president of the Pontifical Commission "Ecclesia Dei," spoke Sept. 16 at a conference marking the first anniversary of "Summorum Pontificum," the document by which Pope Benedict expanded access to the Tridentine rite, the Mass rite used before the Second Vatican Council.

Cardinal Castrillon, whose commission works with communities using the old rite, said his office continues to receive letters requesting the Tridentine rite be used not just at one Mass a week but at every Mass, and that such Masses be available not just at one church in a town but at every church.

He said he even got a letter demanding that Rome's Basilica of St. Mary Major be dedicated exclusively to the celebration of the Tridentine-rite Mass.

Such people, he said, are "insatiable, incredible."

"They do not know the harm they are doing," Cardinal Castrillon said, adding that when the Vatican does not accept their demands immediately "they go directly to the Internet" and post their complaints.

The cardinal and officials in his office have been saying for more than a year now that they were preparing detailed instructions responding to questions about how to implement the papal document, which said the Mass in the new Roman Missal, introduced in 1970, remains the ordinary way of Catholic worship.

Asked about the status of those detailed instructions, Cardinal Castrillon told Catholic News Service that his office had completed its work and passed the draft on to the pope, who would make the final decision about its publication.

In addition to responding to the desire of Catholics who wanted more frequent and easier access to Mass celebrated in the old rite, the pope's 2007 document was seen as a major step toward reconciliation with the followers of the late French Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, who was excommunicated when he ordained four bishops against the express wishes of Pope John Paul II.

But the process of reconciliation broke down in late June when Bishop Bernard Fellay, superior of the Society of St. Pius X and one of the four bishops ordained by Archbishop Lefebvre, failed to meet four conditions posed by Cardinal Castrillon for moving the process forward.

"The Eucharist should never become a point of contrast and a point of separation," Cardinal Castrillon said at the Sept. 16 conference. "What is more important: the mystery of God who becomes bread or the language by which we celebrate the mystery?"

The cardinal said the Mass -- in whatever language it is celebrated -- must be a service motivated by love and "never a sword" used against other Christians.

By making it easier for priests to celebrate the older liturgy and for the faithful to have access to it, he said, "the vicar of Christ (the pope) was not just exercising his task of governing, but was exercising his task of sanctifying" the people of God.

"When we are before the greatest expression of love for humanity -- the Eucharist -- how can we fight?" Cardinal Castrillon asked
Back to top Go down
permgues

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:49 pm

I think he will shake his head...
because his "old" office will be new with this new consultants. Step by step but new ones - new ways, not?
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:09 pm

I don`t think he is bothering himself with those changes much. And I believe they didn`t come as a surprise to him. It is only logical that every MC will surround himself with people who he feels most comfortable working with. I`m sure archbishop Marini respects the decision of the Holy Father and also the experts he appointed. Besides, in his new position he has more important things to do, new challenges to face, new goals to achieve.
sunny

Last edited by Vanadija on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Regarding his whereabouts: www.oecumene.radiovaticana.org/it1/Articolo.asp%3Fc%3D234031+piero+marini,+%22radio+vaticana%22&hl=sl&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=si" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:Flr4CTjYAKQJ:www.oecumene.radiovaticana.org/it1/Articolo.asp%3Fc%3D234031+piero+marini,+%22radio+vaticana%22&hl=sl&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=si
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:35 pm

I'm in total agreement Vanadija , changes were expected as always .
I am sure archbishop Marini respects the Holy Father's wishes and is working
on his new post with the same love and dedication as he did on the former one.
And... keeping pretty busy as we can see from reading his whereabouts .

Thank you Vanadija for keeping us so well informed . Very Happy

Allow me to post here a brief poem from St. Teresa of Jesus , populary
known as her " Bookmark "

Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices. sunny
Back to top Go down
shyerenai

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:41 am

Wow! I have never been so out of date as I am now.
Where can I listen to the mass at Santa Maria della Grazie?

(Sorry if I have been out of touch for so long. I've been so busy with medical school, studying for the entrance exam. It was so excruciating. It's a miracle I passed the entrance exam. I'm so happy. I made it into the Royal and Pontifical University of Saint Thomas de Manila. Until now I don't have a telephone line or wireless internet connection in my home, so basically, I have to go to the internet cafes around the Philippines. Traveling tip: Go visit Boracay. It's a nice tourist destination here in the Philippines.)
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 8:05 pm

Welcome back Shyerenai! cheers

I`m afraid you probably won`t be able to find the Mass anywhere on the internet. TeleRadio Padre Pio showed it live, but regretfully their website doesn`t have an archive or something of that sort. Sad

Btw., I sent you a pm.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Here you can find more details about the Congress that starts today: http://www.ocd.it/file/Brochure_ENG.pdf . According to the program Archbishop Marini will have a speech about Liturgy and beauty today at 17.15 and will preside the Eucharist at the Basilica of St. Pancras on Sunday at 12.00.
Back to top Go down
texasrose

texasrose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Thank you Texarose !

It's a wonderful idea to coodinate the Liturgy Congress and the the Parochial Choirs Festival ! and in such a awesome place ! sunny

Links to the beautiful St. John's Co-Catherdral :

http://www.stjohnscocathedral.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John's_Co-Cathedral#Chapels sunny
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:20 am

Thank you so very much for the news Texasrose! I bet it was extremely hard to find, so it is even more appreciated. Very Happy

And thanks also to you Letizia for those wonderful links. What and awesome place! He will certainly like it there.sunny
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Today at 9:00 AM has started in Rome the International Symposium : " Vatican II in the Pontificate of John Paul II"

Archbishop Piero Marini will participate in it tomorrow with the Conference :
“The Liturgical Reform and John Paul II”
Prof. Matias Augé CFM / His Excellency Monsignor Piero Marini

Vanadija already posted this news long ago, so this is just a remainder.
Thank you Vanadija ! sunny

For more information go to:
http://www.jp2symposium.org/
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:58 am

Thank you Letizia for reminding us. I bet the Conference was fantastic, but I could not find anything much about it on the net. Did any of you have more luck?

And here is the program of the event Texasrose informed us about. http://gozodiocese.org/wp-content/gallery/misc-pictures/gimgha_liturgika_2.jpg Seems like our Piero will be quite busy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:35 am

Thank you Vanadija for the program ! Very Happy

Archbishop Marini ( our Piero ) will be ready to leave for Valleta , Malta probably tomorrow .

His first conference " To be trained in the Liturgy, to be formed by the Liturgy " will take place on November 10 at 5:30 PM .
His second conference " From Ritualismo to the art of celebration " is scheduled for November 14 at 10:00 AM.
At 6:00 PM , he will celebrate the Pontifical High Mass at the beautiful St. John's Co-Cathedral.

Have a blessed Liturgical Congress and a good rest as well . You really deserve it Maestro !! sunny
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:30 pm

The program is obviously even more full than we thought, so I doubt our dear archbishop will have much rest: http://www.maltamediaonline.com/?p=1554 , although I`m sure he will enjoy his stay there.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:38 pm

Approximately a year back Dangermouse asked if Piero knows he has a fan club and me and Admin replied we don`t believe one actually exist. Well, it proved that does - on Facebook and if you are interested here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=18569557145&ref=mf Very Happy

Since you can upload videos there, I posted Piero`s homily from the mass he presided at St. Maria delle Grazie in September this year (and Shyerenai was wondering if she can find it online anywhere). Later on I`ll probably upload other parts of the mass too.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:09 am

I know the picture is of poor quality, but still........it is the only one from Malta I could find and better this than nothing, right? Very Happy

Piero Marini - Page 14 Kungre10
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:43 pm

As new as it gets - todays Vespers Very Happy

Piero Marini - Page 14 Picres12

Piero Marini - Page 14 Picres11
Back to top Go down
texasrose

texasrose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:48 am

I saw this live on TV, yesterday.
Very good camera shot!
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:00 pm

Well done!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:24 am

Beautiful shots , thank you !
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:23 pm

From today until the 8th December Abp. Marini will be in Rimini, participating in XXXII Conferenza Nazionale Animatori. Datailed program and more about this event here: http://www.rns-italia.it/CONVNAZ/CONFANIM/CNA2008/Depliant1.pdf and here: http://www.rns-italia.it/news/ConfAnim08/ArticoloIntro.htm
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 am

The article is not really new, but it is very nice and in my oppinion certainly worth reading: http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/kolumnen/2008/vatikan-englisch/10/02/seine-exzellenz-piero-marini.html#
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 3:22 pm

It is very nice and touchy . Thank you Vanadija !
It sounds like Mr. English does appreciate Mons. Marini very much , like they were good friends . I miss your sense of humour... he writes .
I like very much that they call him " Cardinal" . I hope it will be a reality soon.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Indeed it is a touching article, especially the last paragraph. And you are right, Letizia, they must be good friends because he uses the informal way of addressing Piero – Du instead of Sie. Plus he promised to visit him more often now etc.

Regarding Cardinal - hopefully it is more a premonition than a lapsus…… Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piero Marini
Page 14 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next