Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Piero Marini

Go down 
+8
texasrose
star-light
Boris
Dangermouse
Vanadija
ada
Benedetta
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Piero Marini - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:35 am

WELCOME!!!

Answer to your question is YES, but it was not me, sadly... Did you?
Back to top Go down
https://vaticanart.forumotion.com
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:36 am

A warm Welcome to both Vanadija and Dangermouse ! Thank you kindly Vanadija, for your words.

Many thanks to Admin for the really nice video of H. E. in Poland.

I think that enthusiasm, admiration, respect and friendship are going to mark the tone of this new group because, these are the feelings that H. E. Archbishop Marini awakes in our hearts.

Our Lord wants now to have, his incredible talents and sensitivity to the service of the Pontifical Committe for International Eucharistic Congresses and to bring to the world profound reverence , adoration and love to the Most Holy Eucharist, the Heart of the Christian faith.

Adoremus Jesum !

Fervidi auguri caro Arcivescovo !
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:01 am

Admin, Letzia, thank you both very much for a warm welcome.

And welcome, Dangermouse! Nice coincidence regarding your birthday Very Happy .

I haven`t met him……………yet. But I did write him a letter and send him a birthday card and he replied every time. So I can tell you from experience he really is as kind and nice as we thought him to be.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Our dear Letizia send me this link

http://www.romereports.com/index.php?lnk=750&id=461
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 12:39 am

No, I dont met him.
But you wrote; what was his answer??? So he know his fan-club?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:18 am

No, I meant that here on this forum is a person who met him. It was not me. It is Letizia.
I don't think that he knows about his fan club.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 1:51 am

I am sorry, Dangermouse Smile
I am already sleeping, and I didn't realize you asked that Vanadija.
I better go to bed to do this Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:21 am

No, Dangermouse, I haven`t mention any fan club in my letter Very Happy. As far as I know, the actual “fan club” doesn`t even exist. It was more of a personal letter and a few birthday cards. I did tell him however that there are many of us who admire him immensely, although there was no special need for that either, since I`m sure he already knows that.

Letizia, first of all, thank you for the very interesting link. I wish someone would make a proper interview with him now.

So, here I am, “bragging” about my experience, and then I learn you actually managed to meet him!!! (It`s great you made that mistake, Admin Very Happy.) I`d be very grateful if you would tell us a little more about it and share, what you feel you can, with us.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:12 am

I think the same way about his Fan Club. I even think that it would be quite strange if there's one.

I'm afraid there will be no interview. I don't think he's that kind of person who wants to grab attention.

Yesterday I read some posts commenting Piero Marini on the blogosphere. For sure you read some of them too. I found one I'd like to copy here. I don't know its author, he signed as H.M.

"This thread is the cyber equivalent of the office water cooler or coffee pot. The folks have gathered ‘round to gossip and dismantle the reputation of a recently dismissed colleague. The way they talk you’d think he had run the company. In reality, he was only the presidents’ assistant for formal affairs and meetings, even if he held that position for some 20 years, through three presidencies. And those men he worked for were not softies – they were powerful men who made powerful decisions: not a one of them needed to keep this man in his job – but they did.
And the chatter over coffee? Mostly about the width of the ties and the material of the shirts and the shape of the hats the assistant bought for the president – and the local banquet customs the president witnessed on international trips to the companies outlying divisions. The demands? Bring back the old ties; Dress him in more lace (to restore a more muscular, masculine authority); higher crowns on the hats – or even just plain crowns; and make sure all the branch outfits do everything the way we do at the home office.
A new guy is now the president’s assistant – and welcoming him with open arms is certainly appropriate. But you just might have hoped that the Christians in the office would have had the civility if not the charity to simply let the former assistant leave in peace. No need to for the detraction.
Heck, in polite circles, they would have taken him out for a really nice dinner.
Folks at the water cooler, the coffee pot: watch out. Jesus works here, too, and he really has little patience with this kind of sorry talk."

He wrote it nicely, don't you think? Still he has no answer to why those people do it. Does somebody know the reason?
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:39 pm

What a great article you found there, Admin. I couldn`t agree with it more. I myself am always surprised and often hurt reading those blogs.

I know that people much rather criticize than say something good about somebody. That is probably in our human nature. And sometimes, constructive critic can be a good thing, because it leads to improvements and contributes to progress. But such cruel personal attacks on abp. Marini, just for not agreeing with his way of doing things, are beyond my comprehension. Sure, even I like some mitras and vestments more than others. But why call him names? Why throw so much dirt on him? Without knowing the first thing about him…………or liturgy for that matter. And what is the message they are getting across? That he is above the Pope? More powerful? That the Pope is a senile old man on the level of 3 month old child, who doesn`t have any saying in how he is dressed and what his parents put on him? I could understand to some extend if such articles were only written by some uneducated bloggers, but what to think when those words come from fellow priests?

Why are they doing it? I have no idea. My first and probably best guess would be – jealousy. They envy him his talent, his skills, his status and yes, even his good looks. God help them realize their mistake. And lets just hope he doesn`t pay any attention to them.
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:28 am

I agree Vanadija it would be nice to have a new interview with Archbishop Marini. What they have on RR is an old one, but as Admin says I don't think it will happen.

Thank you Admin for posting H.M's post. On those blogs , thanks be to God, they are still some people who know about the virtue of charity and also have integrity. As you Vanadija, I've been really hurt very often by those blogs 's "predators " who, as H. M. says, don't remember that one day they will have to answer to Jesus about how they have followed His words ...Love one another as I've loved you...

I've been following already for more than a year some of those blogs , sending messages to their "owners" and posting in their comments section with a broken heart... I've been mainly ignored but also made fun of by someone who seems to be everywhere . Woe to those who are willing to throw stones without looking into their hearts first.
Indeed, jealousy of Arch. Marini 's talents, status, charisma , elegance and dignity are for sure a good guess.
I was and still am digusted with those blogs and I've posted my opinion about them on the CRF and also praised him.

Here is one of my posts:

To someone on the CRF, I wrote:

I love what you posted about Archbishop Marini. His great knowledge of liturgy and his loving, caring and efficient mind was/is unique. For sure he is dignified and handsome. No , it's not going to be the same for me, anyway. His job was nothing but perfect, and he was on top of every single detail , even as far as carrying the Pope's glasess in his pocket and cleaning them. .

This person also wrote:
The See of Peter, and yes, the Church herself, is most blessed to have Piero Marini as one of God's most devoted servants"
YES indeed , Bravissima U !

And to another person on the CRF I answered:

I was totally shocked as well reading Fr."'s way of annoncing the departure of Archbishop Marini.
How disgusting, ungraceful, undignified, mean,vile and vulgar to say the least. And most of his friends's comments show nothing, but people (" al borde del abismo " ) totally crazy , out of their minds . Instead of being thinking and talking about "that future" that they, so badly wanted, they are filling up that blog with hateful nonsense, offences, and speculations about Archbishop Marini's future, who as you mentioned, is a priest who has served faithfully two Popes for 20 years.
Those ridiculous comments about the Pope wearing only the vestments dictated by Archbishop Marini are just vicious .

Someone in one Italian blog was defending Arch. Marini as H.M. did. It's in Italian , so I just going to select some parts of the post.

I COMMENTI NEGATIVI ESPRESSI A MONS. PIERO MARINI SONO UNA VERA VERGOGNA PER CHI LEGGE....
SONO CERTO CHE SE VENISSE SU QUESTO SITO GESU’ CRISTO DIREBBE A CIASCUNO DI NOI LA FRASE SCOLPITA NELLA NOSTRA MENTE: “CHI E’ SENZA PECCATO SCAGLI LA PRIMA PIETRA”. PERCHE’ NON DOBBIAMO RICONOSCERE I TALENTI DI MONS. PIERO MARINI? SIAMO NOI CAPIACI DI METTERE IN PRATICA I NOSTRI TALENTI? MI AUGURO CHE MONS. PIERO MARINI VENGA ELETTO CARDINALE, PERCHE’ E’ UN OPERAIO NELLA VIGNA DEL SIGNORE CHE HA DATO SE STESSO PER LA CHIESA CAMMINANDO CON L’UOMO DI OGGI.
DICIAMO DI METTERE IN PRATICA IL COMANDAMENTO DELL’AMORE? MA QUANDO……….QUANDO GLI ALTRI CI ELOGIANO O FANNO TUTTO QUELLO CHE VOGLIAMO, DESIDERIAMO E AMIAMO? E’ QUESTO IL MESSAGGIO DEL VANGELO? A MONS. PIERO MARINI DICO, ACCETTA QUESTE OFFESE COME FRUTTI PER LA TUA SANTITA’.
A MONS. GUIDO MARINI, AUGURO BUONA MISSIONE SARA’ ACCOMPAGNATO DA PREGHIERE E SOSTEGNO, IN MODO PARTICOLARE DAL SUO PREDECESSORE

I love when he says , speaking to Arch. Marini:" Mons.Marini accept these offences like an offering for your sanctity" or...." I wish that Mons. Marini will be elected cardinal because he is a worker in the vineyard of the Lord who has given his life to the Church walking with today's man " Bravissimo Mimo!! ( was his name)

Vanadija , you were not bragging just kindly telling us your lovely story. I will mention my encounter with the good Archbishop soon.

Last edited by on Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:36 pm

Thanks for your opinions on that.
Well, I also wanted to find the answer. I am afraid those people who attack (priests are also ordinary people) find themselves "superior" because of being Roman catholics. Look at the stupid comments about Church of England. They want a Latin Mass. Well, the world doesn't talk Latin anymore. (somehow they forget about Greek, Hebrew and Old Slavic) They want the pope to wear gold vestments, golden rings, cross made from diamonds, and on the head an enormous tiara with three golden crowns. And dressed like that he should then talk to poor people from Africa about the famine ect.
Latin Mass, churches fulled with gold, gregorian chant, expensive vestments are few of the thigs which make them feel special. And of course they would like to own the pope. Well, if the religion (faith) is only about that, I would choose Buddhism (cos of bells, aromathic sticks and attitude of Dalai Lama)

Looks like they will never be pleased, so I am quite curious, who they will pick up next to trash.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:55 am

Thank God for the voice of sanity and reason like yours and the ones you mentioned in your post, Letizia. I gave up posting a long time ago, because it was just getting too painful. It is like fighting windmills, or even worse, since every word in defense of monsignor Marini actually increases the number and the cruelty of attacks on him and the one who wrote the comment. So I stopped, because I didn`t want to give them any more ammunition. Maybe I was wrong, but it is really hard to do anything else, if you can`t or don`t want to communicate with them on their level, since they don`t understand a nice word and don’t have the respect for anyone or anything.

What came as a consolation to me was the fact (you also have noticed), that they aren`t as numerous as one would imagine reading the posts. Once I got a little more familiar with their names, I saw that there are only a few of them, but very persistent, imposing their opinions on every forum, commenting every blog……It is just sad that the owners, administrators or moderators don`t stop them. Here is a bright exception I found in one of the forums, so I thought I should mention it:

CONGREGAZIONE FORUMISTICA PER IL CULTO DIVINO E LA DISCIPLINA DEI SACRAMENTI

SIRACUSA

Noi, Presidente di questa Congregazione, visto il malcostume invalso nel Forum Cattolici Romani di operare continue critiche all'operato dell'ex Maestro delle Celebrazioni liturgiche del Sommo Pontefice Sua Eccellenza monsignor Piero Marini nonostante i ripetuti avvisi della medesima Congregazione a desistere da questa perversa e perniciosa abitudine per la quale certuni, possedendo una visione ecclesiologica e liturgica evidentemente distorta, provavano un gusto quasi sadico

DECRETIAMO

che a partire dalle ore 9,30 p.m. di questo stesso giorno chiunque osi anche solo velatamente esprimere in questa sezione "Liturgia", di cui siamo moderatore, critiche o anche solo disappunto per l'operato o la persona stessa del Vescovo Piero Marini incorrerà nella pena della INFRAZIONE ferendae sententiae, inabrogabile, irritirabile e incontestabile. Amen.

Dal Palazzo di questa Congregazione.
3 Ottobre 2007 Primi Vespri del S.P.N. Francesco d'Assisi Patrono di questa vetusta sezione "Liturgia".

Marcianus
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 12:30 pm

Can you try to translate it in English? Please!!!

You are right. Those comments are always from the same people. One cannot take those comments too seriously. Often is better to ignore them, then to join the fight 'cos suddenly it turns to personal attacks. And many times it is the only thing they wait for.

It is sad, but hopefuly those comments will stop soon. (until PM is made a Cardinal Very Happy ), then they will let them hear again. So let's forget about them now!

When should be the last time we can see our Monsignor as MC? 21st of October? So it is this Sunday already. Do we know if it is somewhere to be seen online???
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 6:54 pm

Huh, you got me there, Admin Embarassed . Even though I do understand most Italian words when I see them in writing (or for some strange reason also when they are spoken by Piero Wink ; like f.e. at http://www.vatican.va/news_services/liturgy/cap-mus-sistina/documents/capmus_doc_20021214_organo-marini_it.html; just click the note sign beside “Ascolta il discorso” to listen to his speech or http://www.vatican.va/news_services/television/multimedia/archivio_en.html – go to Navarro Valls conference to see the press conference Piero held on the 4th of April 2005), my knowledge of this language is so awful I really wouldn`t want to take the risk with any kind of translations.

Your second question is much easier to answer Very Happy. Yes, as far as I know, we would see him for the last time in the role of MC on the 21st of October in Neaples.

I don`t know where exactly you or other members of this forum are from, but if you happen to see the Italian TV station Rai Uno you can watch the ceremony there, since I`m sure they will transmit it. Satellite stations like Telepace would of course be the best option, but I doubt there are many who have them. My online experience with CTV on the official Vatican site is not good, so I would suggest either KTO (http://www.ktotv.com/direct.php3) or EWIN (http://www.ewtn.com). I hope this can help you a bit.
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 7:53 pm

Question Who can take a video or a dvd or something else of the 21. oct. for me? Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:01 pm

Well, if it is on Rai uno, then I can try. Very Happy But I cannot promise. I will let you know
Back to top Go down
Dangermouse

Dangermouse

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:06 pm

Thanks!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Hello everyone, Very Happy

I will be taping the ceremony from EWTN here in Canada. The problem is that because I am going back to Europe for good on November 8th, and leaving my place on October 30, I will not have the time to have the tape made into a dvd PAL . I can try to get it done when I get settled over there .

I have to get now into those sites , that you just posted Vanadija . Thank you for posting them !! Idea

Regarding the translation of the post above , I will try as well and see what I can do. Probably, I will not be able to translate it word by word but give you folks an idea of what it says.
I was so glad Vanadija to read it ... Bravo, Bravissimo !!
Other people should have done the same but unfortunatelly even the persons running those sites were in it . They are the ones who started the fiasco.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:57 pm

Ok, I noticed there might be some problems with the first link, so I`d better give you the instructions to get to the right site. You start from the main Vatican site (the one that does open if you take that link), choose lets say the English version and on the new page the third icon that stands for (all of us here familiar) Liturgical celebrations. Once there, click on the text “Pontificial Musical Chorus of the Sistine Chapel” at the bottom of the page and this will take you further to another page with the last line that says: “Blessing of the New Organ”. Clicking on it will open yet another site where you should choose the Italian version of “Introduction of H.E. Msgr. Piero Marini” and you will find yourself where you should be in the first place. Now you can finally “Ascolta il discorso”. Enjoy listening to him!
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:06 am

Here is something I think you all should see:
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2007/10/archbp-marinis-farewell-letter/

It is so nice and touching..........so in the style of (let me borrow the words from Letizia)"our Piero" .
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 6:41 pm

I was just reading it Vanadija , and indeed is shows the richness , tenderness and faithfulness of our dearest Archbishop Marini 's soul ! Thank you for posting it , you got ahead of me , Ha, ha.. Very Happy

But, please read the comments after.... When are those guys going to quit twisting everything about him.
I sent them a post , of course.
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 11:09 pm

So, according to this Italian magazine http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo.php?id=11221&sez=HOME_INITALIA, the D day is tomorrow. After the GA, Benedict will announce the names of the new cardinals.

What can I say; lets say a prayer or two and keep our fingers crossed.

And btw; as much as they bother me, this time I would gladely risk reading some more of those nasty comments just to see it happen.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 11:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 7:55 am

Lovely article you found there, Admin.

Thank you for posting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piero Marini   Piero Marini - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piero Marini
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next