Religion and art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Religion and art

Everything and anything about religion and art + Vatican

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!

Go down 
+2
Admin
Benedetta
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Benedetta

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-07-13

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Empty
PostSubject: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:48 pm

People don´t miss to step up the AVENTIN. Its so beautiful up there. Start with Santa Sabine, the real phantastic thing is this old historic wooden door with scenes of life of Christ.Its from the 5th century.

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! RomaMAI200700208

Inside

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! B9DFD420EFAF11DAA8DA97A9ACB0B5F3

From its nice little garden, you have a georgious overview over Rome!!

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! RomaMAI200700159

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! RomaMAI200700160

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! RomaMAI200700162
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Yes yes yes, Sta. Sabina is the best. I missed it last year Crying or Very sad One question: Are those door original or it's just a replica?
Back to top Go down
https://vaticanart.forumotion.com
lilly

lilly

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:06 am

Look thru the keyhole at the door of the Order of the Knights of St John... you can see the cupola roof of S. Peter.
Very beautiful when its dark!
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Lilly. I hope you will enjoy it, even though we are sometimes a little lazy posting. Wink

So, you have been to Rome yourself, I see. Great! Maybe you could share some of your experiences with us or even post some pictures.

Anyway, nice to have you here. sunny
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Thx for welcome me.
Yeah, i´ve been in Rome many times. I searched a picture with that view thru the keyhole. but its a little blury... I dont know how i can post pictures here?[/url] Question
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:17 pm

Sadly, you can`t upload images directly to this board. So first you have to store your photos on a publicly accessible web server like here https://servimg.com/. After you have done that, return to the forum and when writing a message, select option Image, then copy or write image url and click Image again – everything without spacing, for every photo separately.

Maybe it sounds a little complicated, but it is actually quite easy. I`m looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Ok Vanadija, I try to put my first picture :-)

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Keyhol10

Here it is!
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:35 pm

ok , I did it, but next time smaller image ..ups lol!
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Congratulations on your first picture. cheers It`s great. Wow, what a view Exclamation
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:59 pm

its a little blury, but you´ll see how amazing it is...

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! View_f10
I love to see so much green around!
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:08 pm

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! To_s_p10
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 5:13 pm

Splendid photos, like postcards. Good job, Lilly, thanx a lot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boris

Boris

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:41 pm

Welcome to the Forum Lilly, and thank you for your beautiful pictures . Very Happy

I recognize that view of the Cupola of St. Peter's Basilica thru the keyhole. It's a great view !
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:59 am

Here another nice view. Small park next to S. Sabina
MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Church10
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:11 pm

Curch of Sant Anselmo

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Sansel10

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Sansel11

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Sansel12
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:34 pm

I love it!. I love you

Lovely photos, Lilly, thank you so very much.
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:27 pm

Its really a beautiful place. If I have the time I go there as much as I can. For resting and enjoying...
Back to top Go down
texasrose

texasrose

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:04 pm

That's really funny!
I do exactly the same thing, every time I'm in rome. Take a short break in S. Anselmo and then go to the park. Last time I was there, it was so quiet and all the traffic noise seemed to be so far away....

Very nice place, indeed.

Great pictures!

Thanks for them!
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:54 pm

it´s really a silent oasis there, and the view thru the keyhole is very mystic for me. thanks to the artists which had such great idea!

How often you´ve been there?
Back to top Go down
texasrose

texasrose

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm

not quite so often as I want to. Cool
Four or five times, maybe.

But every time my plane is landing in rome, I’m looking forward to go to the Aventin.
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Wayup_10
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 4:58 pm

I love your pictures, Lilly! Indeed it looks so peaceful and quiet. I kind of envy you and Texasros for being able to visit this place so often, but I`m glad at least to have a chance and see a part of that on these photos.
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Thanks Vanadija,
I will search my archive to find more pictures around this area. But you should really a view next time in Rome. Or from Gianicolo, you can have a great view too. Every day at 12.00 they shot with a cannon from the top of the hill. And you can take a look over to Sant Anslemo ;-)
Back to top Go down
lilly

lilly

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:54 pm

little more....

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! A_look10

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Garden10

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! View-f10
Back to top Go down
Vanadija

Vanadija

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:20 am

Thank you. Brilliant photos! You`re quite handy with the camera. Very Happy

And you`re right, I must go there and see this with my own eyes one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!   MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUST have seen: Aventin-S. Sabina- its GREAT Overview!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Religion and art :: Traveller in Rome :: You have to see this...!!! What's your favourite?-
Jump to: